EKG Technician Objectives & Prerequisites
Entrance Requirements into our EKG Technician Program:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must show proof of HS Graduation or GED equivalent if taking the NHA Exam.
- Show proof of a current CPR Certification – if none, Larock offers during the Program at a discounted price.
- Current government-issued Photo I.D.
The objectives for the EKG/Cardiac Monitor Technician Program are as follows:
- To introduce students to EKG interpretations and the cardiac cycle.
- To instruct students to recognize normal and abnormal EKG’s.
- To introduce students to cardiac disorders and emergencies.
- To instruct students in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- To instruct students in Electrocardiography (EKG/ECG).
Ready to start in a new career? Enroll online today! Or call 800-951-3757