Blood Lab Specialist Training Columbus Academy, Ohio
Blood Lab Specialist Program at Larock’s Columbus, Ohio Academy
Larock Healthcare Academy’s Columbus location is conveniently located within a short distance of many major Columbus highways including 315, 33 and the 270 loop.
What does a Blood Lab Specialist do?
The Blood Lab Specialist Program gives graduates the opportunity to fill various positions within a laboratory, doctor’s office, hospital, and various other healthcare facilities while having all the necessary skills to work as an independent contractor in the mobile health exam field. Larock’s Blood Lab Specialist Program will provide you with multiple certificates in areas of: Phlebotomy Technician, Clinical Lab Assistant, and a workshop certificate in Paramedical Examiner.
- Phlebotomy Technicians work directly with patients to obtain the specimens necessary to perform testing for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Clinical Laboratory Assistants, or Lab Assistants, work under the supervision of a physician or a lab technician or technologist to gather, prepare, and help them with their examination of specimens. Generally, your main job tasks include performing lab and administrative tasks as necessary, such as preparing slides or cultures, collecting specimens and ensuring that the lab complies with all regulations and laws.
- Paramedical Examiners perform mobile health exams in places of business or at the homes of those waiting to receive health and life insurance benefits.
Larock’s Blood Lab Specialist Program will teach you specimen collection with blood collection skills in dermal puncture, winged infusion set, venipuncture, and syringe as well as stool and urine collection. With the use of a microscope you will be able to identify and count red and white blood cells and identify bacterial growth. As a Blood Lab Specialist you will be able to work autonomously in a lab to ensure the smooth running of processes, accuracy of blood draws, and cleanliness of the facility.
Blood Lab Specialist Training at Larock’s Columbus, Ohio Academy
- All of Larock’s Blood Lab Specialist Program instructors have many years of experience
- Career services and job placement assistance offered to students during and after completion of the Blood Lab Specialist program.
- Blood Lab Specialist Training can be completed in as little as 13 weeks!
- From day one, students are given the opportunity to practice hands-on using various techniques and methods. Students receive between 50 – 100 opportunities to practice the technique of drawing blood, many opportunities to prepare slides, test slides, and count red and white blood cells, allowing for plenty of hands on practice. Lab time may even be available to you for a limited time following graduation!
- Our Blood Lab Specialist classes are small, ensuring an optimal learning environment for all types of students!
Job titles for Blood Lab Specialists include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant
- Accession Technician
- Lab Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Clinical Lab Assistant
- Lab Aide
- Lab / Central Processing Technician
- Lab Processing Technician
- Mobile phlebotomist
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Paramedical Examiner
Blood Lab Specialist Schedule
|Jul 16, 2019||14.5 Weeks||T/TH||10am - 2pm||$1347.00|
|Jul 16, 2019||14.5 Weeks||T/TH||6pm - 10pm||$1347.00|
|Sep 05, 2019||14.5 Weeks||T/TH||10am - 2pm||$1347.00|
|Sep 05, 2019||14.5 Weeks||T/TH||6pm - 10pm||$1347.00|
|Oct 31, 2019||14.5 Weeks||T/TH||10am - 2pm||$1347.00|
|Oct 31, 2019||14.5 Weeks||T/TH||6pm - 10pm||$1347.00|