Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Training Columbus Academy, Ohio
Medical Billing and Coding Training Program at Larock’s Columbus, Ohio Academy
Approved by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Larock Healthcare Academy’s Columbus, OH location is conveniently located on Grandview Avenue in Grandview Heights area of Columbus, Ohio. Larock is easily accessible from major Central Ohio highways including 315, 33 and t 270. The Columbus Academy is a short 14-minutes from downtown.
What does Medical Billing and Coding Specialist do?
Medical Billing and Coding Specialists assign codes for diagnoses and procedures, submit claims for reimbursement, coach providers on best documentation practices, and ensure patient records are intact to support coding and billing processes. As a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Accurately locate documentation in the patient record to support coding and billing process
- Accurately assign codes for diagnoses and procedures
- Submit claims for reimbursement based on payer policies and procedures
- Coach providers on the best documentation practices to support quality coding and optimal reimbursement
What is the job outlook for Medical Billing and Coding Specialists?
According to www.medicalbillingandcodingu.org, “the American Academy of Professional Coders found in its 2011 National Salary Survey that 44% of certified medical coders in the medical billing profession earn between $35,000 and $50,000 per year. These figures are matched by the findings of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which classifies medical biller and medical coders as Health Information Technicians.” Benefits to obtaining a Billing and Coding Certification may include: more job opportunities, an increased pay scale, and increased subject matter expertise.
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Training at Larock Healthcare Academy, Columbus Location
- Students have exclusive access to Medical Billing and Coding software to get real-world, hands-on experience
- Our medical billing and coding classes are small, ensuring an optimal learning environment for all types of students!
- All of our Medical Billing and Coding instructors have many years of experience in the field
- Career services and job placement assistance offered to students during and after completion of the Medical Billing and Coding Specialist program in Columbus.
- Medical Billing and Coding Classes at Larock’s Columbus location can be completed in as little as 5 months!
Becoming a Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Upon completion of the Medical Billing and Coding program, students will be eligible to sit for a national credentialing test through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) to become a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS). This is optional and employment is not contingent upon it; however, it is highly recommended and will make an individual more competitive in the job market. Larock Healthcare Academy provides review sessions prior to testing. Larock Healthcare Academy is also an approved NHA testing site. Click here for NHA Review and Testing Schedule. CLICK HERE FOR A STEP BY STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS After review of the process, click here to register. More information can be found on our ALUMNI page. Career services and job placement assistance offered to graduates of this program.
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Schedule
Cost includes exclusive access to Medical Billing and Coding software to get real-world, hands-on experience, and all learning and lab materials.