Patient Care Technician Training Columbus Academy, Ohio
Patient Care Training Program at Larock’s Columbus, Ohio Academy
Larock Healthcare Academy’s Columbus, OH location is conveniently located on Grandview Avenue in Columbus, near the City of Grandview, Ohio. Larock is easily accessible from major Central Ohio highways including 315, 33 and t 270. The Columbus Academy is a short 14 minutes from downtown Columbus.
What does a Patient Care Technician do?
The Certified Patient Care Technician assists doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals in providing direct patient care in a variety of healthcare environments. Graduates of this program will be prepared with the following skills:
- Provide basic patient care
- Acquire and distribute patient care supplies
- Change bed linens and process dirty linens properly
- Perform safety checks to keep patient rooms clean and clutter – free
- Maintain clear paths in hallways clear and return equipment that is no longer in use
- Obtain EKG readings
- Perform phlebotomy procedures
Patient Care Technician Training at Larock Healthcare Academy, Columbus Location
- The Patient Care Technician is the pinnacle of our healthcare certificate programs. This vital program is comprised of the following courses which are scheduled sequentially.
- EKG / Cardiac Monitor Technician – 58 Clock Hours
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate – 58 Clock Hours
- Patient Care Technician Certificate – 40 Clock Hours
Total 156 Clock Hours
- Achieving this trio of certificates through the Patient Care Technician program affords graduates many diverse opportunities in the healthcare field, an increased pay scale, job security, and increased subject matter expertise.
- Our Patient Care Technician classes at Larock in Columbus are small, ensuring an optimal learning environment for all types of students!
- All of our instructors have many years of experience in the field
- Career services and job placement assistance offered to students during and after completion of the Patient Care Technician program in Columbus.
- Patient Care Technician Training at Larock’s Columbus location can be completed in as little as 13 weeks!
Upon completion of each of the three courses, students will be eligible to sit for a national credentialing test through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) in all three areas:
Larock Healthcare Academy provides review sessions prior to testing. Larock Healthcare Academy is also an approved NHA testing site.
After review of the process, click here to register.
More information can be found on our ALUMNI page.
Career services and job placement assistance offered to graduates of this program.
Patient Care Technician Schedule
|Oct 29, 2018||13 weeks||M/W/F||6pm - 10pm||$1,897|
Cost includes all learning and lab materials.