Certified Coder/Audit Specialist
Summa Health Medical Group
Coding Accuracy/Medical Records – 1077 Gorge Blvd, Akron, OH 44310
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Audits medical records per compliance measures for all SHMG Physicians and providers; prepares and distributes recommendations and result findings including detailed reports of medical chart documentation issues. Provides education and training to providers and staff. Functions as a resource on coding related issues for SHMG areas.
Formal Education Required:
– Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), Certified Medical Coder (CMC), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional
Medical Auditor (CPMA).
– Passing score of 70% or better on an outpatient/inpatient coding test administered by the Manager
Experience and Training Required:
– Two years of work experience in a physician’s office or Out-patient/In-patient setting performing documentation review per compliance and Medicare/Medicaid Standards, diagnostic code sequencing and familiarity to Medical Terminology
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
– Ability to understand and follow the all policies for Chart Reviews/Audits by Insurance Carriers, any government, state or local entity including HEDIS, CERT and RAC.
– Knowledge in compliance to all guidelines including Medicare and Medicaid Standards.
– Ability to review medical documentation written or within an EMR.
– Understands and can perform job duties with the utmost level of confidentiality.
– Understands and exhibits work practices to support HIPAA Regulations and abides by all measures of Compliance.
– Knowledge in HIM, traditional medical charts and record storage.
Apply: www.summahealth.org/careersCertified Coder – Audit Specialist