Total Care Therapy
$10 – $27 an hour
ICD-10: 2 years (Required)
Medical Billing: 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: Total Care Therapy is a therapy company providing outpatient services and contract therapy services. This individual is responsible for billing, follow-up and collections of all insurance claims and contract work invoices; maintaining correspondence with carriers and agencies, and documentation regarding same; working with supervisor of the accounts receivable department to review problem accounts and identify necessary action to be taken.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years minimum experience in medical office; billing and collections experience preferred.
- Recent experience using CMS-1500
- Experience using Excel
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work as a team player by demonstrating ability to work well and get along with co-workers.
- Files, reviews, and follows up on insurance claims.
- Corrects and/ or writes appeals on denials.
- Follows up on delinquent insurance claims.
- Follows up on and corrects problems with billing.
- Assists patients with billing questions and/or problems.
- Answer billing inquiries from patients, insurance companies, and attorneys via telephone and written correspondence.
- Assist with collection activities in an efficient manner.
- Obtain pertinent reports as requested.
- Apply knowledge of various insurance plans.
- Able to obtain an authorization or precert if required.
- Checks accuracy for insurance and demographics in registration.
- Is able to do all adjustments correctly.
- Must be able to answer billing questions correctly and make own sound decisions.
Other Duties assigned But Not Limited To:
- Help out Front Desk when called upon.
- Check insurance eligibility
- Check for authorizations for procedures
- Collect past due balances from patients
- Make payment plans when needed.
- Charge entry
- Payment posting
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 – $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ICD-10: 2 years (Required)
- Medical Billing: 2 years (Required)
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificiate (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction