Medical Office Associate
Summa Health Medical Group – Psychiatry Associates
St Thomas Hospital
444 North Main Street
Akron, OH 44310
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Provides support in a medical office to include scheduling patient appointments, functioning as receptionist to patients and visitors, typing, and organizing and compiling materials.
Formal Education Required:
– High school level course work in English grammar, composition, and basic mathematics.
Experience & Training Required:
– Light typing skills.
– One year clerical experience.
– Knowledge of medical terminology.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
– Must maintain confidentiality of patient, employee, or financial records.
– Skill in interpersonal communication to effectively interact in person and over the telephone with patients, visitors, physicians, and hospital personnel.
– Skill in alphabetical/numerical filing.
– Microcomputer skills; or willingness and ability to acquire such skill to operate application packages used by department (e.g., to enter and retrieve data and/or type routine correspondence).
– Ability to perform in a work team environment.
– Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
– Assumes accountability for demonstrating behaviors consistent with the customer service policy.
Apply: www.summahealth.org/careersMedical Office Associate