For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
This position is responsible for the plasmapheresis process to include prepping the donor, performing venipuncture, operating plasmapheresis collection instruments, monitoring the donation, collecting whole blood samples, disconnecting the plasma unit, delivering the unit for sampling, and managing donor adverse events during collection in an automated Source Plasma Center.
1.Performs all responsibilities required by the Floor Technician including the following:
o Escorts donors to and from donor floor
o Installs and disconnects the disposable sets
o Cleans donor bed and scissors or other cutting devices after each donation
2. Performs all job duties in a safe manner and uses required personal protective equipment.
3. Performs the morning QCs, maintains the daily checks and maintenance/cleaning of the plasma
4. Performs vein checks to determine donor suitability. Verifies donor identification, prepares
venipuncture site, and performs the venipuncture.
5. Monitors the donor throughout the collection process. Upon completion of the donation, removes the apheresis needle, wraps the donor’s arm, and escorts the donor to the payout station.
6. Collects samples from the donor, as required.
7. Responds to donor adverse events per IBBI procedures and under the direction of the Medical Staff.
8. Operates equipment, autopheresis instrument, and eProgesa automated system.
9. Monitors the collection equipment and responds to any situation that requires troubleshooting.
10. Monitors softgoods lot number usage and changes. Stocks released softgoods on the donor floor.
11. Performs cleaning tasks according to IBBI procedures and frequency schedules.
12. Interacts internally with center IBBI personnel and with donors.
13. Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company policies.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- One year of college, technical school, or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Explicit attention to detail is required.
- Must have excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze situations in a timely manner.
- Must have ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Must have ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to participate in multi-functional teams.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within The Interstate Companies and provide excellent customer service.
- Proficiency with computers.