Medical Assisting Training Canton / Akron Academy, Ohio
Medical Assistant Training Program at Larock’s Canton / Akron Academy, Ohio
Approved by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Larock Healthcare Academy’s Canton / Akron location is conveniently located within a short distance of many major Canton / Akron highways including Route 77, 62, and Route 30. It is also near the Akron / Canton Airport and Belden Village area.
What does a Medical Assistant do?
Larock Healthcare Academy’s Medical Assistant program prepares graduates to work in the healthcare industry to assist Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants. Medical Assistants perform both clinical and administrative duties in hospitals, doctor’s offices, clinics, urgent care centers, specialty medicine and general practices.
- Provide basic patient care
- Give injections
- Sterilize equipment
- Acquire and distribute patient care supplies
- Change bed linens and process dirty linens properly
- Specimen collection
- Perform safety checks to keep patient rooms clean and clutter – free
- Maintain clear paths in hallways clear and return equipment that is no longer in use
- Obtain and interpret EKG readings
- Perform phlebotomy procedures
Medical Assistant Training at Larock Healthcare Academy, Canton / Akron Location
The Medical Assistant is the pinnacle of our healthcare certificate programs. This vital program is comprised of the following courses which are scheduled sequentially.
- EKG / Cardiac Monitor Technician – 58 Clock Hours
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate – 58 Clock Hours
- Patient Care / Multi-Skilled Technician Certificate – 40 Clock Hours
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate – 40 Clock Hours
Total 196 Clock Hours
- Achieving these four certificates through the Medical Assistant program affords graduates many diverse opportunities in the healthcare field, an increased pay scale, job security, and increased subject matter expertise.
- Our Medical Assistant classes at Larock in Canton / Akron are small, ensuring an optimal learning environment for all types of students!
- All of our instructors have many years of experience in the field
- Career services and job placement assistance offered to students during and after completion of the Medical Assistant program in Canton / Akron.
- Medical Assistant Training at Larock’s Canton / Akron location can be completed in as little as 18 weeks!
Upon completion of each of the three courses, students will be eligible to sit for a national credentialing test through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) in all three areas:
- Certified EKG Technician
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Certified Patient Care Technician
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
Medical Assisting Schedule
|Aug 26, 2020||24 weeks||T/TH||6pm - 10pm||$2397|
|Aug 26, 2020||24 weeks||T/TH||10am - 2pm||$2397|
|Oct 21, 2020||24 weeks||T/TH||6pm - 10pm||$2397|
|Oct 21, 2020||24 weeks||T/TH||10am - 2pm||$2397|